Bodu Hithi opened in 2006 following a multi-million dollar investment by Maldivian operator Coco Collection and is excellent value for what we would call an entry-level 5 star resort. The island has matured nicely since, and there’s a lush, tropical atmosphere. The villas are spacious, well-appointed and feature good-sized private pools. They are traditional and older in style so don’t expect the modern fixtures of some of the other resort. In the large Island Villas the pools are in a walled garden to the rear offering total privacy. The Water Villas and Escape Water Villas are on one jetty, with steps from the decks onto the best snorkelling area of the house reef. The huge Coco Residences are on a separate jetty and offer a hint of opulence while retaining an authentic Maldivian ambiance. There’s a good array of dining choices and facilities, including tennis courts, and an impressive over-water spa. There’s no kids’ club though, Bodu Hithi is more aligned to couples, or grown-up families than children.
What Guests Love
- Great location! Close to Male airport
- A beautiful island with magnificent views in all directions, an excellent entrance to the sea from the beach, many colorful fish. Large main swimming pool.
- Water villas with pools is just awesome. Amazing views from the bedroom. Good accessories in the bathroom.
- Staff friendly and helpful
- The food is insane, varied and everything is delicious.
- Cool diving. Professional 5 * dive center PADI
- Interesting excursions, and a good choice of water sports
- Two cocktail bars; weekly entertainment events, such as a night cinema
- Great romantic atmosphere, especially at night
- Fantastic spa and fitness center with good views
- Free Wi-Fi and snorkeling gear
- Infinity Pool
- PADI Dive Centre
- Overwater gym
- Tennis court
- Yoga & Fitness classes
- Longitude departure lounge
- Sifani jewellers
- Indoor games
- Gift shop
Coco Bodu Hithi is a superb getaway for honeymooners and couples wanting total peace and relaxation in style. This medium-sized island has good vegetation with plenty of tall palm trees and offers a good variety of accommodation. Bodu Hithi still offers some sense of value for money.